Lamb is a very versatile choice of meat as you can make so many tasty dishes for all the family.
Wendy’s products show just how flexible, convenient, easy to cook and tasty lamb is. It’s not just for Easter or a celebratory roast – it’s a wonderful ingredient that can be served any night of the week!
A few tips from Wendy on using lamb for your weekly dishes.
- Use cheaper lamb cuts such as the breast is perfect for a Sunday roast and only £10 for a family feast
- Whip up lambs’ liver with onions and mushrooms fried in the pan and get a tasty meal for just £3
- Cook a tasty lamb curry using the neck meat – always a family favourite.
Here is Wendy’s recipe for Lamb Neck Curry that’s sure to please all the family. Delicious with rice, naan bread and mongo chutney or cubed potatoes and flat bread
- 1/2 lamb neck deboned and cut into pieces
- 150g chopped peppers
- 120g chopped frozen onion
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 15g of Curry powder
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 60ml of lamb stock
- One tablespoon of tomato purée
- 15g of corn starch
- 35ml of water
1. Crush the garlic
2. Make up the stock cube with boiling water according to pack instructions
3. Fry off the onions in the olive oil until soft and add the lamb
4. Fry off the Lamb until sealed
5. Add garlic, curry powder, coconut milk, lamb stock, peppers, tomato puree, salt and allow to come to the boil.
6. Reduce the temperature and simmer for 30-40 minutes
7. In a separate bowl make a slurry by whisking the cornflour and water together
8. Slowly add this to the curry continuously stirring until the sauce thickens
9. Add chopped coriander to dress the curry
To get the freshest lamb, pick up The Lamb Van’s range of small, medium and large fresh and frozen lamb meat boxes available through local retail outlets in Co. Antrim and via The Lamb Van website click link to shop online shorturl.at/rtyDKCheck
The Farm Foodies’ range of fresh, local products are sold @Jam at the Doorstep Farm shop in Armoy – open Thur – Sat 11am – 5pm – Click here for details shorturl.at/hyBI5.