If you want to get more slow food in your diet, here are our top 5 tips from The Farm Foodies:
- Cook your meals from scratch. Instead of buying pre-packaged meals or fast food, if you cook your own food you can control the ingredients, and you’ll know that you’re eating fresh, local food.
- Shop at local farmers’ markets and farm shops. This ensures that you’re getting fresh produce that is in season. You’ll also be supporting your local economy and reducing your carbon footprint.
- Learn how to preserve food by canning, fermenting or dehydrating. In this way you get to enjoy seasonal produce all year round. It also helps reduce food waste so win, win.
- Where possible choose whole foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans. These foods are super healthy and packed with nutrients which makes them an excellent choice for slow food.
- Slow down and enjoy your meals – be mindful when you eat and try to savour every bite. You will soon find you are more aware of flavours and textures and you will appreciate your food more. Eating slowly, also helps to prevent overeating.
By incorporating these tips into your diet, you can start eating more slow food and reap the benefits of a healthier and more sustainable diet.
To get a taste for what we offer, join one of our regular food workshops and dining experiences where you will be immersed in fresh, natural SlowFood. From Jam at the Doorstep’s delicious locally made goodies including our award winning puddings, jams and chutneys to The Lamb Van’s mouth-watering NIFQA grass-fed lamb cuts and street food. These are food experiences beyond anything you’ve ever tasted or tried before!
Keep an eye out for upcoming events on our socials and on the Farm Foodies website www.thefarmfoodies.com/events